This event asked participants to read books from the following genres:
- Dark Fantasy.
- Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.
My goals were to read at least two novels and some short stories that fit the criteria. Happily, I managed to exceed my expectations! Here’s what I read:
- Seanan McGuire, Ashes of Honor (fantasy/supernatural)
- Susanna Clarke, The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories (gothic, dark fantasy, short stories)
- Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book (dark fantasy/horror)
- Dashiell Hammett, The Maltese Falcon (mystery/thriller)
- Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys (fantasy/supernatural)
- Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl (thriller)
So I’m pleased with my perilous reading this fall and look forward to next year’s R.I.P. event! What did you read?