Today I completed the 2012 Vintage Mystery Challenge hosted by My Reader’s Block!
The challenge was to read eight vintage mysteries (published before 1960) that fit within a particular theme. I chose the “Golden Age Girls” theme, which required me to read eight vintage mysteries written by women. Here’s what I read:
- M.M. Kaye, Death in Kenya
- Georgette Heyer, Why Shoot a Butler?
- Josephine Bell, Death at Half-Term
- Josephine Tey, Brat Farrar
- Georgette Heyer, The Unfinished Clue
- M.M. Kaye, Death in Zanzibar
- Josephine Tey, The Man in the Queue
- Anna Katharine Green, The Leavenworth Case
Strangely enough, my favorite and least favorite books from this challenge were both by Josephine Tey! I really liked Brat Farrar, but The Man in the Queue did nothing for me. I enjoyed this challenge overall, though, and I look forward to starting the 2013 Vintage Mystery Challenge in a few short weeks!
2 thoughts on “Vintage Mysteries 2012 Challenge Completed!”
Congratulations on the finish! So glad you’ll be joining again in 2013. I’ll be drawing for prizes among the finishers in a little over 2 weeks.
Thanks! I had fun and am definitely looking forward to next year!