Currently reading: Hilary Reyl, Lessons in French
Books read in February:
- Phillip Rock, The Passing Bells
- Alicia Thompson, Psych Major Syndrome
- Tayeb Salih, The Wedding of Zein and Other Sudanese Stories
- Claudia J. Edwards, Taming the Forest King
- Anne Fortier, Juliet
- Gail Carriger, Etiquette & Espionage
- Kathryn Miller Haines, The Winter of Her Discontent
Favorite book of the month: Etiquette & Espionage — a finishing school that teaches young ladies how to be spies? To quote Liz Lemon, “I want to go to there!”
Least favorite book of the month: Juliet — cool premise, horribly annoying heroine.
Books acquired in February:
- Hilary Reyl, Lessons in French
- Liza Palmer, A Field Guide to Burying Your Parents
- Kristan Higgins, The Best Man
- Jennifer Echols, Star Crossed
Clearly I am craving the light and fluffy these days! But I’m proud of myself for only acquiring
three four new books. 🙂 Onward to March!
2 thoughts on “Bookish Update: February 2013”
I really like the format you use for these (I have a feeling I might have said that before?)
I haven’t read any of these. I am sorry to hear about Juliet. Which ones would be your first recommendation out of that list though?
Hmm…well, personally, I enjoyed Etiquette & Espionage the most. It’s just a lot of fun! I also very much liked The Wedding of Zein because it taught me a little bit about the culture of Sudan, which I know basically nothing about.