I’m a bit late to the game here, but the eighth annual R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event officially ended on October 31.
The purpose of this event was to read books that fell within the genres of mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, gothic, horror, supernatural, or anything else sufficiently dark/spooky/autumnal. I attempted Peril the First, which asked me to read at least 4 books that met the challenge criteria.
Fortunately, I managed to do a lot of perilous reading in September and October! Here’s what I read:
- Luis Fernando Verissimo, The Club of Angels
- Rhys Bowen, Royal Blood
- Isaac Asimov, A Whiff of Death
- Seanan McGuire, Chimes at Midnight
- Amy Patricia Meade, Million Dollar Baby
- Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves
- Robin McKinley, Shadows
- Ellery Queen, The Roman Hat Mystery
- Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes
Links will take you to my reviews. Overall, my favorite books were The Club of Angels, Chimes at Midnight, and The Dream Thieves. My least favorite was undoubtedly Something Wicked This Way Comes.
Did you participate in R.I.P. VIII? If so, what did you read? What were your favorite and least favorite books of the challenge? (Also, don’t forget to link to your wrap-up posts here!)