I’ve completed the What’s in a Name 6 Challenge at Beth Fish Reads!
The goal was to read 6 books, one in each of the categories below. Here’s what I read:
- Up or down (or equivalent): Niccolò RISING by Dorothy Dunnett
- Something you’d find in your kitchen: The CRYSTAL Cave by Mary Stewart — I was thinking fancy crystal glassware here
- Party or celebration: The WEDDING of Zein by Tayeb Salih
- Fire (or equivalent): FIRE and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones
- Emotion: LONESOME Dove by Larry McMurtry
- Lost or found (or equivalent): They FOUND Him Dead by Georgette Heyer
My favorite read for this challenge was probably Fire and Hemlock, although Lonesome Dove and The Wedding of Zein were also very good. On the other hand, I couldn’t stand Niccolò Rising! But I like this challenge because it’s completely based on titles rather than content, which is pretty unique among reading challenges. Hopefully it will continue next year, in which case I’ll most likely sign up!