Currently reading: The Raven in the Foregate by Ellis Peters
Books read in February:
- Alan Bradley, The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches
- Sarra Manning, Unsticky
- Lois Lowry, The Giver
- Matt Beynon Rees, A Grave in Gaza
- Katie Heaney, Never Have I Ever: My Life (So Far) Without a Date
- Lois McMaster Bujold, Young Miles
- Sarah Addison Allen, Lost Lake
- Georgette Heyer, The Spanish Bride
- P.G. Wodehouse, The World of Jeeves
Favorite: I had so many great reads this month that it’s hard for me to pick just one, but I think I have to go with The Giver. It’s a very well-written dystopian novel that reveals the flaws in its society with incredible care and precision.
Least favorite: I actually liked everything I read this month, but I’d probably say A Grave in Gaza, just because it was a little heavier than I was looking for at the time. But it’s still a very interesting book, and definitely worth reading!
Books acquired in February:
- Claudia J. Edwards, Eldrie the Healer
- Evelyn Waugh, Brideshead Revisited
- Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, Pulp! The Classics edition
- Chris Wooding, The Black Lung Captain
- B.J. Novak, One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories
- Emma Jane Holloway, A Study in Silks
- Sharon Kay Penman, Lionheart
2 thoughts on “Bookish Update: February 2014”
Great choices… some quite demanding in fact. Best wishes for the coming month… a good month to remember the March Hare (one of my favourite characters)
Gosh, it’s been so long since I read Alice…in fact, maybe I’ve only ever read Through the Looking-Glass! This should definitely be rectified!