Sorry this post is a few days late! The past week has been a bit rough for me, but now that the weekend is finally here (and I’ve gotten some sleep!), I can focus on what’s really important. 🙂
Currently reading: The Quick by Lauren Owen
Books read in March:
- Ellis Peters, The Raven in the Foregate
- Elizabeth Blackwell, While Beauty Slept
- Kathryn Miller Haines, The Girl Is Murder
- Caprice Crane, With a Little Luck
- Lorna Goodison, By Love Possessed: Stories
- Hannah March, The Complaint of the Dove
- Kate Quinn, Mistress of Rome
- Frank Baker, Miss Hargreaves
Favorite: I have to go with Mistress of Rome — even though it’s a total soap opera, it was a completely addictive read!
Least favorite: With a Little Luck — it wasn’t terrible, but there was absolutely nothing original or interesting about it.
Books acquired in March:
- Deanna Raybourn, City of Jasmine
- Lauren Owen, The Quick (ARC)
- Ismail Kadare, Broken April
- Kristan Higgins, Waiting on You
- Penelope Hughes-Hallett, The Immortal Dinner: A Famous Evening of Genius and Laughter in Literary London, 1817
- Jennifer Crusie, Trust Me on This
- Deanna Raybourn, Whisper of Jasmine (free)
- Ashley Gardner, The Hanover Square Affair, A Regimental Murder, The Glass House, “The Gentleman’s Walking Stick,” and “The Disappearance of Miss Sarah Oswald” ($0.99 for the bundle)
2 thoughts on “Bookish Update: March 2014”
How did I not know about City of Jasmine? Thanks! Looks like I need to get the short story first.
I didn’t know about it either, until I randomly saw it sitting there in Barnes & Noble! Of course, I still haven’t read A Spear of Summer Grass yet, so I am WAY behind!