So we’re alarmingly close to the end of 2015, which means it’s time to start looking at 2016 challenges! One of my perennial favorites is the vintage mystery challenge hosted by Bev at My Reader’s Block. For the past few years, the challenge has been a game of Bingo, but this year she’s switching things up: participants must complete a scavenger hunt by finding certain objects on the covers of their books. For more information (and the lists of items), check out the sign-up post! I’m going to do the Golden Age list, but I’ll probably only read the six-book minimum instead of a different book for every single item. Some options include:
- Dorothy L. Sayers, The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club
- Georgette Heyer, No Wind of Blame
- Nicholas Blake, A Question of Proof
- Elizabeth Daly, Unexpected Night
- John Bude, The Lake District Murder
- Phoebe Atwood Taylor (writing as Alice Tilton), The Cut Direct
2 thoughts on “Vintage Mystery Cover Scavenger Hunt Sign-up”
Glad you’re joining me for vintage reading again! Happy hunting!
Thanks for hosting the challenge — I really enjoy doing it every year!