Fall is here, and the weather has finally recognized that fact, so it’s a great time for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic: 10 books on your fall TBR list. I’m too much of a scaredy-cat to read actual horror, but a lot of the books on my list are spooky, gothic, Halloween-appropriate reads. I’m also excited to read a few new/upcoming releases, and then there are the fluffy romances that I’ll be enjoying during the 24-hour readathon in October! So, in no particular order…
1. Carl Hiaasen, Skink — No Surrender — I’ve had an ARC of this book since Book Expo America 2014. Time to finally read it!
2. Jay Kristoff, Nevernight — My lovely former secret sister Natasha (go visit her at A Binding Attraction!) got me a signed copy of this book! We’re going to buddy-read it in October. 🙂
3. Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane — Halloween is the perfect time for some creepy, magical Neil Gaiman.
5. Shirley Jackson, We Have Always Lived in the Castle — I’ve never read anything by Shirley Jackson but have always been curious. My impression is that her books will be creepy enough to get me in the autumnal spirit without actually, you know, terrifying me.
6. Emma Mills, This Adventure Ends — I thought First & Then was very cute, so I’m definitely looking forward to reading Mills’s new book!
7. Connie Willis, Crosstalk — My most anticipated release of 2016 by a mile! I’m such a Connie Willis fan, and this techno-rom-com sounds right up my alley!
8. Donna Moore, Old Dogs — The description of this one caught my eye: “Two septugenarian sisters take the classic heist to new levels in this addictive caper.” Sounds delightful, no?
9. Kasie West, P.S. I Like You — A young adult version of “You’ve Got Mail” is the perfect book for Hour 22 of the readathon!
10. Lindsey Kelk, We Were on a Break — Huzzah, a new Lindsey Kelk book is coming out! Obviously I’ll need to read it immediately.