I’ve been waiting for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic for ages! For some reason, a ton of authors I really like are releasing books this fall, so I had no problem coming up with my list. I may not actually read all the books this fall, but I’ll definitely get to them eventually! So here are the top ten fall releases on my TBR list, in the order of their release:
1. Seanan McGuire, Chimes at Midnight (September 3) — The seventh book in the October Daye series, which I recommend to anyone who likes urban fantasy. I’ve bought this already, and I plan to read it ASAP!
2. Jasper Fforde, Song of the Quarkbeast (September 3) — Confession: I haven’t actually read the first book in this series (The Last Dragonslayer) yet. But I love Fforde’s quirky, literate novels, and I’m sure the Chronicles of Kazam will be no exception!
3. Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl (September 10) — I have been waiting for this book for SO LONG! I’m #1 in the queue at my library, so I should be getting it any day, but the waiting is so hard!!!
4. Elizabeth Wein, Rose Under Fire (September 10) — YOU GUYS. I loved Code Name Verity so much, and now there’s another WWII novel by Elizabeth Wein! I’ve vowed not to read this until next year (long story; it involves challenges I’ll be doing), but it is going to be really hard to wait!
5. Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves (September 17) — I liked book #1 of this series and am very intrigued to see where things are going next! Also, The Scorpio Races was so effing good that I pretty much need to read everything Stiefvater writes immediately.
6. Robin McKinley, Shadows (September 26) — Finally, a new book from one of my all-time favorite authors!
7. Kristan Higgins, The Perfect Match (October 29) — I love Higgins’ charming contemporary romances, and this one is the second in a series that began with The Best Man, which I enjoyed quite a bit.
8. Rachel Bach, Fortune’s Pawn (November 5) — This author previously published the Eli Monpress series under the name Rachel Aaron, and I absolutely loved it! So I’m excited to check out her upcoming sci fi series, which sounds vaguely “Firefly”-ish, so how can it not be good?
9. Diane Setterfield, Bellman & Black (November 5) — You guys, did you KNOW Setterfield was finally coming out with another book?! It’s been far too long since the beautifully written The Thirteenth Tale came out.
10. Charles Finch, An Old Betrayal (November 12) — The next book in the Charles Lenox series, which I’m really enjoying.
What new/recent releases are you most excited about? Or what books are you planning to read this fall?