Wow, I haven’t done a single Top Ten Tuesday so far this year! It’s definitely time to get back in the game, and this week’s topic is the perfect opportunity: List 10 books that are on your spring TBR list. I’ve got a huge list of books on deck for this spring already, but here are 10 of them, in no particular order…
1. Bee Ridgway, The River of No Return — I’ve been interested in this book, which seems to involve a Regency romance and time travel, for quite a while. The paperback is coming out next week, so it seems like the perfect time to finally read it!
2. Kristan Higgins, Waiting on You — I’ve already pre-ordered this one from Amazon. Can’t wait to read the next book in the Blue Heron series!
3. Polly Shulman, The Grimm Legacy — This has been on my shelves for a while, and assuming that Carl will be hosting his Once Upon a Time challenge again this year, this book will fit right in!
4. Anne Sexton, Transformations — Another good choice for the Once Upon a Time challenge…plus, April is National Poetry Month!
5. B.J. Novak, One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories — I’ve been meaning to read this since it came out, and I really don’t want it to languish on my shelf forever!
6. Timeri N. Murari, The Taliban Cricket Club — I have this one on deck for May. I’ve been interested in it for quite a while, and spring seems like a good time to branch out and read books set in other countries and cultures.
7. M.M. Kaye, Death in the Andamans — I’ll definitely be craving some classic mystery action this spring! This is the last “Death in…” book, and I’ve been saving it for the right time. The time is nigh!
8. Elizabeth Wein, Rose Under Fire — Another book I’ve been saving, since I loved Code Name Verity SO MUCH!
9. Sharon Kay Penman, The Sunne in Splendour — Nothing says springtime like the War of the Roses, amirite?
10. Ismail Kadare, Broken April — This one is a no-brainer for April. 🙂 I’ve already ordered a copy from Book Depository, because apparently my library doesn’t stock a huge number of Albanian authors (shocking, right?).