Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is the 10 books you’re most looking forward to in 2015. Somewhat surprisingly, I have a lot of books on my TBR list that will be released in 2015, so here are ten of them (in no particular order):
1. Sarah Addison Allen, First Frost — I love SAA and am thrilled she’s coming out with another book! This one appears to be a prequel or a companion novel to Garden Spells, which I really liked.
2. Elizabeth Wein, Black Dove, White Raven — After Code Name Verity and Rose Under Fire, anything Ms. Wein writes about planes, friendship, and/or World War II is automatically going on the TBR list!
3. Alan Bradley, As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust — I love the Flavia de Luce books, and the last installment was a real game-changer for the series. I’m dying to see how Flavia will react to the new circumstances in her life!
4. Maggie Stiefvater, Raven Cycle #4 — I don’t think this book actually has a release date yet, but I need it to be in 2015 because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NOW! This series has juggled so many plot lines, characters, and relationships that it will be amazing to see how everything comes together in the end.
5. Lauren Willig, The Lure of the Moonflower — I bought the first Pink Carnation book on a whim several years ago and immediately became hooked on the series, which contains so many of my favorite things (Regency England! Romance! Spies!). Now, amazingly, the twelfth and final book in the series is coming out — and it will finally tell Jane’s story!
6. Seanan McGuire, A Red-Rose Chain — The Toby Daye series is yet another one I’ve been following since book #1. The last book really seemed like a finale of sorts, tying together many threads that had been percolating since that very first book. So I’m very curious to see where McGuire takes things from here!
7. Kristan Higgins, If You Only Knew — It’s always great to get a new release from one of my favorite contemporary romance authors!
8. Katie Van Ark, The Boy Next Door — Ever since reading and enjoying A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall, I’ve been keeping an eye on Swoon Reads. Their business model, in which readers decide which manuscripts will be published, is fascinating, and I’m interested to see what they’ll come up with next! Also, this book involves figure skating, so as a diehard fan of “The Cutting Edge,” obviously I need to read it!
9. Jennifer Robson, After the War Is Over — Ironically, this book is a sequel to Somewhere in France, which I really didn’t like that much. But I mentioned at the time that I’d love to read the story of Charlotte and Edward, two secondary characters from that novel. And sure enough, this book will be about them! So I’m prepared to give the author another chance and hope for the best.
10. Connie Willis, The Very Thought of You — I’m so psyched that Connie Willis is coming out with a new book! Apparently it will be a romantic comedy involving telepathy, which obviously must be amazing!
So what 2015 books are you most excited about? Are any of these on your list?