This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie, so I’ve decided to list ten of my favorite comfort reads. In the chilly depths of winter, there’s nothing better than curling up with a blanket and a good book, especially one that makes you smile or warms your heart. So below are ten of my favorite comfort reads (in no particular order); links are to my reviews, if applicable.
1. Winifred Watson, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
2. L.M. Montgomery, The Blue Castle
3. Eva Ibbotson, A Countess Below Stairs
4. Georgette Heyer, Cotillion
5. Sarah Addison Allen, The Sugar Queen
6. Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
7. Louisa May Alcott, Rose in Bloom
8. Rainbow Rowell, Attachments
9. Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss
10. Elizabeth Marie Pope, The Perilous Gard
I love these books because they’re romantic, they’re hopeful, and they allow love and virtue to triumph in the end. Perfect for cozying up with on a cold winter’s evening! What are some of your favorite comfort reads?