This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is auto-buy authors — the ones whose books you snatch up or preorder without even checking the synopsis first because they are JUST THAT GOOD. There are definitely several authors that fit this description for me, although most of them come with a caveat…so I guess maybe they’re not true auto-buy authors after all! Nonetheless, here are
ten nine authors whose books I’ll automatically buy at least 99% of the time. 🙂
1. Jasper Fforde — I’ve been a huge Fforde ffangirl ever since the first Thursday Next book, and I bought most of his books in hardcover as soon as they came out! I must admit, I haven’t yet gotten The Song of the Quarkbeast or The Eye of Zoltar, but I do hope to obtain them eventually.
2. Rainbow Rowell — Along with the rest of the Internet, I love love love Rainbow Rowell! She did an author event near me last year, where she graciously signed my copies of all four of her novels. So I’m definitely on board for whatever she writes next…EXCEPT that I’m not going to buy Carry On. I’m pretty skeptical about this particular book (and one of these days, I’ll write a post about my reasons why). But I still definitely want to read it, and I’ve got a library hold on it already!
3. Megan Whalen Turner — I’ve absolutely fallen in love with the Attolia series and own all four books. If she writes another, I will be first in line to grab a copy!
4. Sharon Kay Penman — You can’t beat SKP for well-written, page-turning medieval historical fiction! I have all her books except for her most recent one, A King’s Ransom.
5. Kristan Higgins — My favorite contemporary romance author! I think I actually do have all her books, and I’m super excited that another one is coming out next week! (And yes, it’s on my Amazon wishlist!)
6. Robin McKinley — One of my all-time favorite authors since I first read The Hero and the Crown in elementary school. I own everything she’s written except for a couple of children’s picture books and some stray short stories from anthologies.
7. Julie James — Another contemporary romance author I really enjoy. So far, I have all her books except the latest one, Suddenly One Summer. But I wasn’t as impressed with her last couple of books, so, sadly, I may end up demoting her from auto-buy status one of these days.
8. Sarah Addison Allen — Her books are the ultimate comfort reads, featuring romance and magic and tight-knit communities of strong women.
9. Jandy Nelson — I loved I’ll Give You the Sun so much that I had to get The Sky Is Everywhere right away! I’m definitely looking forward to her next book!
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-buy Authors”
I loved, loved, loved I’ll Give You the Sun. I want to read The Sky is Everywhere, but I’m afraid it won’t be as good as IGYTS, so I keep putting it off. Glad to know you liked it.
I haven’t read The Sky Is Everywhere yet, but I’m excited about it! Really hoping it’s as good as IGYTS.