Since the fall TV season is coming up, this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about television! As someone who watches more than her fair share of TV, I had no problem coming up with a list of ten TV shows I’ll be watching this fall. I’ve even limited my list to shows that will be airing new content in the fall, not old shows that I plan to binge-watch on DVD or Netflix!
1. Conviction (season 1), September 19, ABC — To be honest, the trailer doesn’t do a lot for me, and I’m kind of over case-of-the-week procedurals in general. On the other hand, I loved Hayley Atwell so much in Agent Carter that I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to any show she’s starring in!
2. The Good Place (season 1), September 19, NBC — I’m super excited for this new half-hour comedy, and my reasons are threefold. First, it’s created by Mike Schur, who worked on The Office and co-created Parks and Recreation and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (ahem, see below!). Second, it stars Kristen Bell, who was Veronica Mars, nuff said. And third, one of the writers is Demi Adejuyigbe, who co-hosts the brilliant Gilmore Guys podcast. A show with this many awesome people involved is a show I need to watch!
3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (season 4), September 20, FOX — I mean, for this alone.
4. New Girl (season 6), September 20, FOX — I love the specific weirdness of the characters on this show. The individual episode plots are very hit-or-miss, and poor Winston is basically a grab bag full of crazy at this point…and yet, Nick Miller ranting will never not be funny.
5. This Is Us (season 1), September 20, NBC — I don’t really know what this one is about, but it stars Milo Ventimiglia, and I have a lot of Gilmore Girls nostalgia right now, so I’ll give it a try!
6. Pitch (season 1), September 22, FOX — The premise of this one caught my eye: the protagonist is the first female pitcher in major league baseball. I don’t care about sports, but I tend to love sports-related movies and TV shows (hello, Friday Night Lights!).
7. Poldark (season 2), September 25, PBS — I love a good costume drama, and the gorgeous footage of Cornwall makes Poldark especially pleasant to watch.
8. The Durrells in Corfu (season 1), October 16, PBS — Yup, I sure do love a good costume drama! 🙂 And this one looks quite funny and charming.
9. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (season 2), October 21, CW — I was skeptical of this show at first, but I’m so glad I decided to give it a try because it is BRILLIANT! I can never decide which musical number is my favorite: this boy band homage, this Fred-and-Ginger routine, or this up-tempo number about a…personal ailment.
10. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, November 25, Netflix — YOU GUYS, THE GILMORE GIRLS REVIVAL IS COMING!!! Gilmore is my all-time favorite show, despite some rocky episodes (okay, seasons) near the end. I’m really excited that it’s coming back–helmed, as it should be, by Amy Sherman-Palladino–and can’t wait to see what all my beloved characters have been up to!
7 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: TV talk”
ALL THE GIRLMORE GIRLS talk is the best. Love that show.
I spy lots of good ones on this list aside from that including Conviction and Pitch both of which made my list, and of course, I am a 100% fangirl of ANY of these British costume dramas, and “Poldark”‘s first season was beautifully magical.
So excited for more Gilmore! And I’m looking forward to these new shows…hopefully they won’t disappoint!
I don’t really watch a lot of tv, so I haven’t seen any of these!! I do have a lit I want to catch up on though! Here is mine: https://pageturner20.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/top-ten-tuesday-43/
Interesting list! I kind of want to watch “Stranger Things” because it’s gotten so much positive attention, but horror REALLY isn’t my thing, so I’m not sure!
Thanks! I actually enjoy horror, so hopefully I will enjoy it when I get to it!
Pitch sounds AWESOME!!! Girl Power! And YES to The Gilmore Girls reboot!! I am so pumped for that! Team Jess!!
DEFINITELY Team Jess!