This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is 2016 releases you haven’t read yet, but you totally plan to! At first I thought I’d have trouble coming up with my list, but actually it was embarrassingly easy to list ten 2016 releases I *intend* to read but haven’t gotten to yet! Here they are, in publication order:
1. Alison Goodman, The Dark Days Club (1/26/16) — I believe it was Emma at The Terror of Knowing who described this book as “Jane Austen meets Buffy.” Even though the undead aren’t normally my speed, I’m intrigued!
2. Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas, These Vicious Masks (2/9/16) — “Jane Austen meets X-Men,” according to Amazon! I’m sensing a theme here.
3. V.E. Schwab, A Gathering of Shadows (2/23/16) — I’ve got to read this one in February, before A Conjuring of Light comes out!
4. Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows, My Lady Jane (6/7/16) — Santa, in the form of a good friend, came through and gave me this book for Christmas! It sounds like a blast, and I can’t wait to read it!
5. William Ritter, Ghostly Echoes (8/23/16) — I really enjoyed Jackaby and have been wanting to read the sequels ever since. Unfortunately, I still need to read Beastly Bones first, but I’ll get to this one eventually!
6. Genevieve Cogman, The Masked City (9/6/16) — The Invisible Library was one of my favorite books of 2016, so I’m definitely looking forward to the sequels.
7. Seanan McGuire, Once Broken Faith (9/6/16) — I’ve been a fan of the Toby Daye series since the beginning, but I’m a couple books behind at this point. Still need to read the previous book, A Red-Rose Chain, before I get to this one!
8. Jessica Cluess, A Shadow Bright and Burning (9/20/16) — The premise of this one — magic school + 19th century + romance/banter — is so intriguing to me! Definitely hoping to get to it this year.
9. Stephanie Burgis, Congress of Secrets (11/1/16) — A novel set during the Congress of Vienna, where the protagonists have secret identities, and one of them is a con man…with magic? I want to go to there.
10. Stephanie Scott, Alterations (12/6/16) — I’ve mentioned this one before, so I won’t bother to summarize again. It looks cute, and I’ve already bought it for my Nook, so it is on for 2017!