I’m channeling Queen this week because the Top Ten Tuesday topic is your most anticipated books that will come out in 2013. I don’t know if I actually have 10, but there are definitely several books coming out next year that I can’t wait to read! Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Stephanie Perkins, Isla and the Happily Ever After — I absolutely fell in love with Perkins’ two previous novels, Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. So obviously I have to get this book ASAP! According to Amazon, the release date is May 7.
2. Julie James, Love Irresistibly — Julie James is my autobuy author for contemporary romance. This latest book is part of her FBI/U.S. Attorney series, and the hero is Cade Morgan, Rylann’s colleague from About That Night. Release date is April 2.
3. Lauren Willig, The Ashford Affair — I’m a big fan of Willig’s Pink Carnation series, but her next book is either a standalone or the start of a new series. It will have parallel contemporary and historical storylines, and the historical parts will be set in WWI-era Kenya. Amazon describes it as a cross between Out of Africa and “Downton Abbey,” so I’m intrigued! Release date is April 9.
4. Seanan McGuire, Chimes at Midnight — The next Toby Daye book! I always snatch these up right away. Minimal googling has not revealed the release date, but I’m guessing it will be sometime in the fall.
5. Jennifer Echols, Dirty Little Secret — I love me some Jennifer Echols romantic dramas. This one is about “friends-turned-lovers as they navigate the passions, heartbreaks, and intrigue of country music fame.” I’m not particularly a country music fan, but I am a music fan, so bring on the concerts and rock-star drama! Release date is July 16. Echols is also coming out with a romance novel for adults in February, which could be interesting…
6. Jasper Fforde, The Song of the Quarkbeast — I have two caveats with this one: (1) it’s already come out in the U.K., and (2) I haven’t read the first book in the series, The Last Dragonslayer, yet! But Fforde is one of my autobuy authors, so I’m sure I’ll pick this up as soon as the U.S. edition comes out.
7. Sarah Addison Allen, Lost Lake — Yes, SAA is finally coming out with another book! I love her warm, magical settings and romantic plots. Release date is TBA but should be sometime in 2013.
And that’s all I can think of for now. But I’m sure there will be other new releases in 2013 that will have me racing to the nearest bookstore!