I’m channeling Queen this week because the Top Ten Tuesday topic is your most anticipated books that will come out in 2013. I don’t know if I actually have 10, but there are definitely several books coming out next year that I can’t wait to read! Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Stephanie Perkins, Isla and the Happily Ever After — I absolutely fell in love with Perkins’ two previous novels, Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. So obviously I have to get this book ASAP! According to Amazon, the release date is May 7.
2. Julie James, Love Irresistibly — Julie James is my autobuy author for contemporary romance. This latest book is part of her FBI/U.S. Attorney series, and the hero is Cade Morgan, Rylann’s colleague from About That Night. Release date is April 2.
3. Lauren Willig, The Ashford Affair — I’m a big fan of Willig’s Pink Carnation series, but her next book is either a standalone or the start of a new series. It will have parallel contemporary and historical storylines, and the historical parts will be set in WWI-era Kenya. Amazon describes it as a cross between Out of Africa and “Downton Abbey,” so I’m intrigued! Release date is April 9.
4. Seanan McGuire, Chimes at Midnight — The next Toby Daye book! I always snatch these up right away. Minimal googling has not revealed the release date, but I’m guessing it will be sometime in the fall.
5. Jennifer Echols, Dirty Little Secret — I love me some Jennifer Echols romantic dramas. This one is about “friends-turned-lovers as they navigate the passions, heartbreaks, and intrigue of country music fame.” I’m not particularly a country music fan, but I am a music fan, so bring on the concerts and rock-star drama! Release date is July 16. Echols is also coming out with a romance novel for adults in February, which could be interesting…
6. Jasper Fforde, The Song of the Quarkbeast — I have two caveats with this one: (1) it’s already come out in the U.K., and (2) I haven’t read the first book in the series, The Last Dragonslayer, yet! But Fforde is one of my autobuy authors, so I’m sure I’ll pick this up as soon as the U.S. edition comes out.
7. Sarah Addison Allen, Lost Lake — Yes, SAA is finally coming out with another book! I love her warm, magical settings and romantic plots. Release date is TBA but should be sometime in 2013.
And that’s all I can think of for now. But I’m sure there will be other new releases in 2013 that will have me racing to the nearest bookstore!
16 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: I want it all, and I want it now”
Nice list i’ve been seeing Dirty Little Secret on alot of other list too.Maybe I should put it on mine it sounds good.Here’s my Top Ten http://booknerdrambling.blogspot.com/
I’m very excited for Dirty Little Secret! Jennifer Echols has written a lot of really good books; I’d especially recommend Going Too Far.
Yes! Jennifer Echols is one of my favorite author! I will pretty much read anything she writes 🙂 Awesome list! Check out my TTT:
Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books
I do love her books! I’m dying for another of her romantic comedies to come out, honestly, but I think she’s busy with other projects right now.
I prefer Echols’ romantic comedies. I actually have mixed feelings for her dramas though. I loved Major Crush! Loved it!
I have liked all the romantic comedies I’ve read so far — haven’t experienced Major Crush yet though! I’ll have to see if I can track that one down. You’re the One That I Want was super adorable, though!
I am so frustrated that I forgot to list Isla for my TTT. I love Stephanie Perkins. I liked Anna more than Lola. but I did still like Lola.
I agree — I loved both, but Anna edges out Lola slightly for me. Definitely looking forward to Isla a lot!
Yay for Jennifer Echols! I’ve only read her romantic dramas but I’ll have to try her comedies sometime. Glad she’s getting a lot of love today. And I can’t believe we’ll get to read Isla finally!
Love Irresistably and The Ashford Affair also sound like good ones. Thanks for introducing some new titles – happy reading!
I’m glad I could potentially introduce you to some new books! Jennifer Echols and Stephanie Perkins are both definitely getting the love today. Can’t say I’m surprised, though! 🙂
Still need to read Anna and the French Kiss. Ugh…so many books, never enough time!
Check out my TTT.
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
You really do! It’s so cute, and the boy is super swoonworthy. (I say this even though I am 10 years too old for him…and he is fictional. He’s that cute.)
Didn’t know Sarah Addison Allen had a new one coming. Exciting!
Yeah, I’m psyched! I’ve read all of hers except The Girl Who Chased the Moon, which I’ve been hoarding. So glad I’ll have another one to look forward to!
*gasps* Sarah Addison Allen is coming out with a new book next year? *flails happily*
Well, I don’t think there’s a set-in-stone release date yet, but that is what her website indicates!